What to expect at your appointment
Many people don’t know what to expect when they first visit a chiropractor this page is designed to give you a walk through of everything you can expect on your first visit to Urban Chiropractic Inc.
Your first visit is about 45 minutes long. This is where the Doctor will go through your intake form. She wants to know exactly how much chemical, physical and emotional stress has hit your nervous system. This will tell her why you are presenting with the symptoms that you have.
Next, your spine will be measured using a technology that will look at the thermal temperature between the left and right side of your spinal cord. It measures the amount of heat each nerve is putting out. It could be normal, under-active or overactive.
From this information, a series of orthopedic tests, and your history, the Doctor will determine your personalized treatment plan.
After a thorough history, you will then go into an adjusting room. This is when you will get your first torque release treatment.
Patients report feeling looser, relaxed, taller, less pain, less dizzy etc. These are all effects of the treatment and are all positive.
How is the adjustment performed?
An instrument called an integrator is the tool used in torque release technique.It is the first FDA approved chiropractic instrument. It looks like an activator ( another instrument used by chiropractors), but that is where the similarity ends. It is based on the physics equation of Force = Mass x Accelaration. The mass is miniscule, and it accelerates with a speed of 1/10000 of a second, leading to a tremendous, yet non- invasive and safe force to the nervous system. It in essence, " unwinds" the nervous system so that the body can return to a place of balance.
What is Torque Release Technique?
The spinal cord is like the circuit box in our home. We have a pair of nerves that leave the spinal cord on the left and on the right from the neck (called your cervical spine) your upper and mid back (called your thoracic spine) and your lower back (called your lumbar spine). These nerves are like little wires that supply the house with power. In a house if you overload and electrical circuit by plugging in too much information, the circuit trips and you have to go to the main power box to turn the circuit breaker back to on. You overload the circuit again and it will trip again and again until you stop overloading it. The human body is the same. We have chemical stresses (environmental ie air pollution, noise pollution,loud music etc....). The second type of stress we have is physical stress. We were designed as humans to roam the earth and hunt and fish. We now sit in desk jobs, with high levels of stress, don't exercise enough, walk and stand on cement, wear terrible shoes that are not designed to protect our feet and thus spine. Car accidents, are also an example of this. The last type of stress and the most significant is emotional stress.
Everyone is bombarded with all sorts of emotional stress.
Stress overloads our spinal cord and the nervous system. When this happens the "circuit" trips and the body shows us this by a symptoms such as:
- stomach pain
- carpal tunnel issues
- mood swings
Torque release adjustments help 'unwind' the nervous system. This in turn may help patients who have symptoms.
The advantages to Torque Release Therapy are:
- PRECISION: When using an Integrator we can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve function.
- SPECIFIC: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalize nerve function.
- GENTLE: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed position with a controlled amount of force.
- FAST: The incredibly fast but shallow impulse is one of the secrets to the effectiveness of this adjustment and the reason for it being so gentle.
- RECOIL: Another of the secret ingredients built into the Integrator is recoil: This bounce in the impulse increases the body’s nerve system response.
- TORQUE: Subatomic particles, atoms, muscles, and human bodies all move in three dimensions: The three-dimensional impulse of the Integrator maximizes the effectiveness on the human body.
- EFFECTIVE: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
- RELIABLE: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
- CONSISTENT: The assessment, examination and adjustments that are used in the Torque Release Technique are standardized which means that several practitioners using the same method can deliver the same results and experience.
- RECOGNIZED: The Integrator is patented for the correction of subluxations. The Integrator is registered with a United States Food and Drug Administration 510k certification, and holds a CE Marking for use in Europe. The Torque Release Technique is the only FDA approved chiropractic method.